You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on Paste Text

I am experiencing consistent and reproducible crashing on pasting text into a Publisher document. The problem occurs when pasting text into a text frame that will not hold all of the text being pasted. I normally use Pages to edit the text.

To eliminate the possibility that there was a problem with the specific Publisher document I created a new document comprising 4 facing pages of A5 with a single 2 column text frame on page 1. I created about 1.5 pages of A4 text in Pages, copied the text and attempted to paste into the text frame. Publisher crashed. To ensure that it wasn't an issue with Pages I created the same text in Open Office. Same result. To eliminate a computer problem I repeated the entire exercise on a different computer. Again, same result.

If I create additional linked text frames sufficient to hold all of the text this does not happen but it is not always possible to know in advance how many text frames will be required or what pages the story may continue on.

I did see this reported elsewhere and added a comment to the report but did not see any responses.

I am attaching a crash report.

AP Crash on Paste Report.rtf

I can confirm the same issue. Here is a screen recording of what happens. 

Basically, if I paste text which overflows it causes the application to unexpectedly quit. I try pasting several paragraphs of text in one go and then I try pasting a single paragraph, multiple times. Typically, the text fits perfectly(!) so I press return (the text is now outside the viewable area) and then paste the paragraph (the return doesn't crash the machine, just the actual pasting). As soon as the text overflows, the app crashes.

In the video I'm using the key command cmd-v, but the same thing happens when I use the menu command.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.