You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Filter Forge 8 Coming Soon Needs AP 8bf update plugin Please

Hi,

Filter Forge Version 8 Public Beta has recently been released. Final Commercial version due out with weeks.

In order to be able use Filter Forge 8 within Affinity Photo, the 8BF plugin standard is apparently not include din the latest version of Affinity Photo.

QUOTE from Filter Forge Face Book page:

" You should direct your request to Serif: starting with version 1.6, Affinity has broken proper plugin support. I'm afraid we can't do anything from our side until they return to the proper 8BF plugin standard.  "

Can you please advise when this will happen? 

Thank you.

• Staff

Hi LyricsGirl :)

Photoshop plugins support is still being developed for Affinity. 8bf is the extension for Photoshop plugins files on Windows, so Affinity Photo is able to use them however this doesn't mean the plugin itself will work. That's depends on a lot of factors like the features it relies on to work, if it uses any kind of automation etc etc. There's no feature parity between Photoshop and Affinity Photo so some plugins may have limited functionality or not start at all.
There's an unofficial list of supported plugins available here.

We are working to improve this as we move forward.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks Dan.

You may be interested to know that I was the one who got Affinity staff and filter forge staff to talk and work out for FF to run as a plugin to A Photo.

FF have stated that it is up to Affinity  to update the ability to use 8BF file formats.

There is a number of Serif > Affinity users who also use FF.

All I do is act  as The Messenger, so please do NOT shoot me.

Thank you.