quixo3

Crash when select Export->Photoshop Tab

I just purchased Affinity for the Mac with the understanding that it could export to PSD format.

When I try to import then export PSDs, Affinity crashes repeatedly; it crashes when I simply click on the PSD tab icon in the "Export" dialog.

This is a big problem for me.

I'm on Affinity 1.6.11, and Mac OS 10.13.4 (High Sierra).

Is a solution known at this point?

Thanks,

Q

Hi Quixo3,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please press and hold ⌃(ctrl) while launching the application, then press Clear form the dialog that will open to reset the app. This should allow you to export the files and continue your work. If it still crashes could you send me one of the files in question?

Thanks

C

Is your email (Admin removed staff email address) Can I send there? (I don't want the doc on a forum).

Note: I've additionally sent the problematic file to (Admin removed staff email address) in case that's useful.

It reliably crashes my version of Affinity (1.6.11) on MacOS 10.13.4, when you: 1) Choose "Export", 2) Click on the PSD tab, and 3) Wait for about a second.

Hi Quixo3,

Welcome to the forums :)

I got your file from my colleague Gareth, the issue is caused by an object off the page. I have included a screenshot of the offending object below dragging this object onto the page prevents the crash.

Thanks

C

Screenshot 2018-10-24 at 12.02.23.png

Hi Callum,

Thanks for taking a look at this - and for the work-around (i.e. moving objects from off the page...)

Is there anywhere I should log a bug, so that in the future Affinity can handle the situation where objects are off the page - or is this already logged now?

Thanks again for your time figuring this out,

-Q