You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free SVG Calendar Templates for Affinity Designer, Photo and Publisher

Mensch Mesch

I've just uploaded a new Version of my little SVG calendar generator with Slovak language.

https://svg-tools.mensch-mesch.com/calendar/

Thanks to @PhosPhorus25 for the Slovak translation!

New-Language-Slovak.png.4a5b572d0611cdcebcef7da9e2bd9766.png

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB, MacBook Pro M1 | macOS 12.1 | iPad Pro2 | iOS 15.2

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

@Mensch Mesch Apply the Greek language too, see here for the localized entries.

BTW, another setting addition for the generator would be, to add a choice for 2 or 3 character day abbreviation generation (aka DI/DIE, SA/SAM ... etc.) for all BLOCK/HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL calendar outputs.

Here's a greek months/days localization:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 hours ago, Mensch Mesch said:

Thanks to @PhosPhorus25 for the Slovak translation!

Hmm, why are September, October and November in the genitive case, but December in the nominative case? (They should all be in the nominative in the header, and in the genitive case only for a specific date, as in 1. októbra, which is how we say it, meaning "of the first of October".

The months (in the correct nominative case) are január, február, marec, apríl, máj, jún, júl, august, september, október, november, december.

The first day of the week is Monday, so the days starting with Monday are pondelok, utorok, streda, štvrtok, piatok, sobota, nedeľa.

And yes, we start all those with lower-case letters, except if they are starting a new sentence (though in a calendar they generally are in all caps, just as you did).

7 hours ago, PhosPhorus25 said:

True, please correct the months, as well as some of the settings

You got it now. Pondelok is Monday. Nedeľa is Sunday. Nedeľu is the locative case of nedeľa, as in v nedeľu means on Sunday. Mesiac is  a month (as well as the Moon). Rok is a year, a is and (so mesiac a rok means the month and the year). Týždeň is a week. We don’t use any articles, so just skip any the, a, an without translating them. There is no such thing as pondelog in Slovak, perhaps someone misunderstood a pronunciation guide, as if a word that ends with a k is followed by another word, we pronounce the k as a g, and other unsounded consonants as their sounded counterparts. In fact a pet peeve of one of my English teachers was his students pronouncing but as bud.

Thank you very much for your replies and explanations @AdamStanislav and @PhosPhorus25! 🙏

Hopefully it fits now.

Affinity Designer 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Photo 1.10.5 [macOS & iOS] | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5

On 12/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, v_kyr said:

@Mensch Mesch Apply the Greek language too, see here for the localized entries.

BTW, another setting addition for the generator would be, to add a choice for 2 or 3 character day abbreviation generation (aka DI/DIE, SA/SAM ... etc.) for all BLOCK/HORIZONTAL/VERTICAL calendar outputs.

Here's a greek months/days localization:

Thanks for your Greek translation. Im not sure if my translation of the settings panel is correct. I've just added a switch for selection of the number of characters, default is 2 in all styles.

16 minutes ago, Mensch Mesch said:

Thanks for your Greek translation. Im not sure if my translation of the settings panel is correct.

Not realy, since ...

ΙΔΈΕΣ sind ähnlich wie im deutschen "Ideen"!

• Die Einstellungen = Ρυθμίσεις 
  • Software-Einstellungen = Ρυθμίσεις λογισμικού

bzw. in Uppercase dann:  

• EINSTELLUNGEN = ΡΥΘΜΙΣΕΙΣ
  • SOFTWARE-EINSTELLUNGEN  =  ΡΥΘΜΙΣΕΙΣ ΛΟΓΙΣΜΙΚΟΥ

Ansonsten sieht es auf der Website für griechisch Ok aus überall für die gesetzten/gewählten GR-Bezeichnungen!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, Clayton King said:

It would be nice if there were a 3x4 grid available.

Should be usually a nobrainer to change the whole to a 3x4 grid here via rearranging (copy/paste) month blocks (and recoloring the months rect) in ADe then on a new 810 x 1012 px etc. more portait orientated doc.

kal23.png.35bd8a308d3aad2e979d71c29a75c073.png

Calendar EN 2023 - 3x4 - blocks (MO-SU):

kal23-EN-3x4-2023.jpg.dd51eab36669a3a6159656c73b25460a.jpg

Kalender DE 2023 - 3x4 - Blöcke (MO-SO):

kal23-DE-3x4-2023.jpg.14b91ca00f938fcca9514170ced22310.jpg

On 12/16/2022 at 1:22 PM, v_kyr said:

Should be usually a nobrainer to change the whole to a 3x4 grid here via rearranging (copy/paste) month blocks (and recoloring the months rect) in ADe then on a new 810 x 1012 px etc. more portait orientated doc.

Of course, and that's what I did. However, part of the reason one uses a tool like this is to quickly and efficiently produce something - in this case a calendar.

I was simply telling the creator of the tool that I liked what he did, and that he might consider adding this functionality.

43 minutes ago, Clayton King said:

I was simply telling the creator of the tool that I liked what he did, and that he might consider adding this functionality.

@Mensch Mesch

As far as Norbert still monitors the forum, I think he can easily do so by adding for the block style then another 3x4 and 4x3 choosable generation option setting. - Shouldn't be a big deal since he already uses bootstrap, jquery etc.

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

As far as Norbert still monitors the forum, I think he can easily do so

According to his forum profile, Norbert last visited in late March (i.e. nearly nine months ago).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 11 months later...