You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer to Adobe Illustrator: best practices?

I’m trying to find a workflow that allows me to go from Designer to Illustrator. Yes, yes, I know, but I still have to place work into the other on occasion. I would like to keep the results of the fx panel editable, but I realize that they might need to be rasterized if I want them to exist after the file transfer. Is there a preferred filetype/setup/practice for keeping the appearance of Designer files in Illustrator without absolutely everything winding up as path-masked raster images?

Yes, Lee D, your statement is true. But what I’m looking for is which of the some things have to be rasterized for the trip across. For example: any clipping mask assemblies (you know, the shapes pasted inside other shapes) sent from .afdesigner to .svg arrived in .al as rasterized images on top of empty, unstroked shapes. So now I know that this particular .afdesigner feature will not survive the .svg conversion journey to .ai. And now, so do all of you.

This is the data I’m looking for. If anyone has any practical data about .afdesigner/.svg/.ai conversions, I’d really like to know more.