You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

drawing with arrows termination

Hi

just bought this product for my Mac. Scope is working with svg files (edit and create).

I'm unable to find how to draw lines (segments) terminating with arrows.

I don't want to draw a triangle and groupo with line to generate an arrow but using a native function present in any drawing tool

Can someone help?

Thx

Sergio

You did not mention which Affinity app you bought (Designer or Photo) but currently neither one support line end shapes like arrowheads (or any of the other end shapes that SVG supports). This much requested feature is on the Designer but not the Photo roadmap, so while there is no ETA for when it will be implemented in Designer, it will be a free update whenever it is.

Until then, there are few workarounds suggested by other forum members. You can find them by searching the forum on "arrowheads" or the like, but they are no substitute for the real thing.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7