You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

when the beta ends...

Two simple questions

1) When the beta testing for Serif ends - will the beta program be discontinued and no longer function? I'm assuming yes.

2) Will beta testers be offered some form of discount to purchase the official release for providing feedback and running the beta software?

• Staff
1 hour ago, someguy said:

Two simple questions

1) When the beta testing for Serif ends - will the beta program be discontinued and no longer function? I'm assuming yes.

The beta build will stop working after the software is released

1 hour ago, someguy said:

2) Will beta testers be offered some form of discount to purchase the official release for providing feedback and running the beta software?

There will be no discount for beta testers, no.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

11 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Will there be a notification that the software will stop working in a certain amount of days ? 

• Staff
1 minute ago, someguy said:

Will there be a notification that the software will stop working in a certain amount of days ? 

No but we will certainly advertise that the software is for sale, you should not be able to miss that ;)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

16 minutes ago, Coffee said:

Is there an oficial date when AP will be released?

No, I mean there will be but no one knows when that will be. I am certain Affinity's programmers have the date on big posters in their offices.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Don’t want a discount!     Just thrilled to have commercial Publisher on the horizon!!  I am giant steps ahead in the learning process through the opportunity to participate in testing the beta, and am so grateful for the courtesies we have all received from the Affinities.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9