You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add Topaz Denoise as PlugIn?

I'm a long time Photo Shop user has begun using Affinity and who hopes to replace most or all processing in Affinity. I'm very happy with Affinity but I'd like very much to add the Topaz DeNoise 6 plug in. Is this possible - and if so, how it it done? Is there a tutorial or video somewhere? Thanks - Bill Hansen

• 2 months later...

I see that Topaz Denoise 6 is listed as being compatible with AP, but the link to the thread you mentioned is apparently broken. I get the message "you do not have permission to view this page". Maybe it's another forum or web site to which I do not belong? Error code is 2F173/H

Edited by bill hansen
omitted error code

6 hours ago, bill hansen said:

I see that Topaz Denoise 6 is listed as being compatible with AP, but the link to the thread you mentioned is apparently broken. I get the message "you do not have permission to view this page". Maybe it's another forum or web site to which I do not belong? Error code is 2F173/H

Hi Bill,

Attached is a screenshot of the Photoshop Plugins in the Preferences, note that this is only Windows, just add the 2 upper level directories for the Topaz Programs and the plugins will be picked out. Note that you must select "Allow Unknown Plugins to be used".

It is also advised that you "rasterize" the layer before you pass it to a Topaz Plugin as there seems to be an issue with Portrait orientation (EXIF)

(NOTE: This is if you have all plugins, just choose the upper level directory for your implementation)

TopazPlugins.jpg

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Thanks AiDon - I' m making progress thanks to your help. I've got Topaz Studio available in AP Preferences. I didn't realize that the free, online version of Studio only includes the very old Topaz "Reduce Noise", and does not include any version of Denoise. I don't need and don't want the whole Studio. The older Reduce Noise was never very good, and it's still not very good. I'm going to see if I can get my copy of Denoise6 into AP - not supposed to work, but I'll try.

6 hours ago, bill hansen said:

I didn't realize that the free, online version of Studio only includes the very old Topaz "Reduce Noise", and does not include any version of Denoise.

Hi Bill,

The Reduce Noise Adjustment is not DeNoise, the DeNoise plugin is still a valid product but Topaz has also made a statement that all plugins will eventually be updated to Studio as it is easier to update a single platform and deliver updates as Adjustments ... but they still honor their free upgrade process so when, and if, DeNoise is updated as a Adjustment you will also receive a copy.

Note that DeNoise is also available from Studio.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020