stwr

Mac 'spacebar' preview bug on import window.

Hi,

Software: Affinity Photo
Version: 1.6.11

I have discovered a bug while in the import window. It appears Affinity Photo does not give the spacebar functionality to the import window but rather 'hijacks/keeps' it as the "temporary move" hotkey.

This means when I preview a file to import using the spacebar functionality, it does indeed show a preview of the file, but straight after returns the functionality back to Affinity Photo, thus you are unable to close the preview window, or go to the next image with the arrow keys.

I've done a little screen capture to show you. Hopefully it makes sense.

https://youtu.be/io5fSPc043c

I have not yet tested the bug in Affinity Designer.

Cheers,

stwr

Which OS are you on? I don't see this at all with Mac Sierra 10.12.6.

It could be a file size thing, I checked with smaller sized files with very few layers so the OS doesn't have to do too much lifting. Also do you have any  third party keyboard shortcut managers installed?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.x.x

Hi STWR,

Welcome to the forums :) 

I am unable to replicate this behaviour however I noticed you have a custom dock, do you have any other third party software installed?

Thanks

C

Hi Guys,

I forgot to mention that I'm running macOS Mojave 10.14. That might be the issue?
I have just turned off uBar as Callum mentioned and can repeat the same issue. So that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Also I do not have any keyboard shortcut managers active fwiw.

Let me know what other digging I need to do.

Cheers,

stwr

Here's the steps I take:

create a new document > drag in an image from finder (to avoid it being a pixel layer) > hit replace image in contextual menu > try and preview an image using spacebar (works) > trying to close the preview does not.

I just tried this on a separate fresh document and the bug persists.

https://youtu.be/xRsanmb52eM

stwr.

Hi STWR,

I have now been able to reproduce this issue however it has been fixed in the Publisher beta so it should hopefully be fixed in the next Photo update.

Thanks

C