You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi. I’m having problems reopening saved projects. The thumbnail on my desktop shows the project as it was saved but when I open it blocks of colour appear and parts of the cutout layer is missing. 

Its happened a few times now & I don’t appear to be able to recover the original. 

I’d really appreciate some advice if anyone knows what’s happening as it’s becoming quite frustrating. 

Thank you

Lisa

219BFBA4-6871-466A-BD75-858B2A6739DD.jpeg

Hi, I've uploaded the file - thank you.

It's happened to a few projects now but this one is rather frustrating as a friend asked me to cut the carriage from the background - it took quite some time to complete so I hope I haven't lost it. I am new to editing software, just playing with it and trying to learn how to use it. I may have done something wrong? 

I hope you can help, Lisa

The Carriage was a JPEG from Pixabay, I cut it out from its background.

The vector elements are from Freepix, when I downloaded the zip file on to my desktop & extracted them they automatically show as type 'Affinity Photo file'. & another version of type 'Affinity Designer file'. They don't seem to be affected - only the carriage.

• Staff

Do you ming uploading the carriage JPG using the link I provided above? Thank you.

EDIT: I've received a reply from the dev. The file is indeed corrupt. You said this was one of a few cases you have been experienced recently. Where are you saving your files? Are you placing them (and opening them) from an external drive, a cloud synchronised folder or a NAS (networks attached storage)?

Saving them to the desktop of my laptop. I haven't used any external sources. I'll upload the original JPG now.

The main issues I've had have been with the Designer software, corrupting the vector images. This is the first time it's happened on Photo. I'm reluctant to start something new in case it happens again. 

Hi. 

Affinity has crashed 3 times this morning mid project. I’ve completed the form & included my email address as I have done in the past but never hear back from anyone. 

Please can someone look into all these issues I’m having as I’m now unable to use software I’ve paid for. 

Ive tried to attach a photo showing my laptop specifications in case there’s anything there which could help but it won’t attach. I’ll semd it to the link given above.

Please can someone respond. I have work to do on Affinity but can’t at the moment. 

• Staff

Hi LisaRH72,
Sorry the delay getting back to you. I have received the additional files you have sent through the link posted above. What actions are you performing when the application crashes (tools used, doing what specifically)? Can you replicate the crash again and detail the steps you have taken that lead to it? If so please upload the afdesign file you are working on currently (using the same link i provided above) and list the steps you have performed here on your reply so we can try replicate the crash. We can only fix the issues if we are able to replicate them.

Unfortunate I can’t replicate it as it’s random. The last time it happened i’d opened a jpg, resized the document to 300dpi, selected the pen tool & it crashed. 

The time before I selected a layer, selected adjustment & it crashed. 

Move been in the middle of projects & it’s happened. 

Has there been any feedback on the corrupted files?

The reason I sent the device information was in case that is affecting the software in some way as I seem to be having more problems than others. 

Thank you for looking into this for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. 

I was was wondering if any progress had been made regarding the reasons behind the corrupted file? I still haven’t started a new project due to the issues I’m having, do Developers think it could be to do with my laptop or the software? 

Thank you

lisa

• 2 weeks later...

Please can someone help?! I've started another project today and it's again corrupted - i'm fed up of losing work. The attached document - if you enlarge it the colour boxes appear and then if you decrease it - a black box covers most of the image.

Please can you let me know what developers have said - I've paid for software i'm not able to use.

universal-studios-3407863.afphoto

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

We're sorry for not replying sooner LisaRH72.

Our developers would like to try and figure out why this keeps happening to you. Are you still getting this issue with new documents? Can you give us any information about the steps and resources used to create the above document? Are you still using images from Pixabay?