You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

much energy use?

Hi, my macbook tells that APub-ß has much energy use, while it is only started, nothing is loaded in it, nothing worked last hour. Regards, lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

Do you really mean energy (i.e. battery power) or are you referring to CPU usage? :/

By the way, ß (Eszett) is not the same as β (Greek letter beta). ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Alfred, picking the battery-symbol on mac above right it says: Erheblicher Energieverbrauch, next line is set: Affinity Publisher Beta.

Best, lars

Thanks, Lars. So you really do mean significant energy consumption, not just high CPU usage (although the two are related, of course).

I don’t have a MacBook, so I’m afraid I can’t offer any helpful suggestions.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Larsh

Publisher uses a lot of cpu and gpu power for things such as rendering which can also include UI elements. To use this requires a fair amount of energy. This is something my battery indicates with any processor heavy application and even things like safari. It's more the OS making you aware of apps using power over a certain threshold rather than it causing any issues

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi, Chris. Seams not to be a problem – I saw in a thread above the: Aktivitätsanzeige. I did not know about before. APu takes CPU after scrolling 30%, after some time it is: 0. Energie is: 0 too. And under the battery-symbol it is written to this time: Erheblicher Energieverbrauch? Shall say, I think, it can ! use much energy, or what ever. Thanks, lars

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.