You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SMB Share Saving

Hi, 

I have noticed an error while saving files opened from SMB shares with Publisher Mac. It happens only when opening the file for the first time and trying to save it (save command or save as with the same name).

When the file is reopened then it saves normally. Save as with different name also works fine.

I have the the same issue with Af Designer and Photo apps since version 1.6. Had no issue with versions 1.5.

Could you please investigate the error? I checked it on 2 different Macs and 2 different SMBs (WD and Synology).

Thanks

198801614_Zrzutekranu2018-10-21o13_03_21.png.fb7c12696e922485e5b19f970568c1d7.png

• Staff

Hi Dedario,

This is a known issue that is with development to fix, however it is quite complex. Essentially we don't load the whole file into memory so require access to the original file, however if the file is stored on a NAS drive or similar then this connection might go down or get temporarily lost. Because of this we only recommend you work on local drives.

I'll get the issue bumped with development

• 1 month later...

Possibly related.  When I attempt to open a file from a network location, the following error pops up:

Failed to open file
/Volumes/path/to/network/location/file.afpub
The file is already open in another application.

This error pops up even if no one else has the file open.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.