You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guide changes in Master don't propagate

All works fine the first time I set up guides in the master – any pages created then show those guides. But if I change the margins and guides in the Master (and save the document), a) the old guides remain in place on the existing pages, and b) any new pages created still place guides placed at the original positions. Saving/closing/reopening the document, or renaming doesn't help. The only way to surmount it is to create an entirely new master. Except that then, while the new guides show in the proper places, any pages created insist on using the old margins.

The changed masters or new masters all show the new margins and new guidelines correctly even after saving/closing/reopening the document; just that any new pages created using them insist on using the first ever established guides and margins.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris - sorry for the delay in responding. Okay, I have to hang head in shame and admit I can no longer replicate the guide issue either.... possibly because addressed in update 145 (though I THINK I was working with that version.)

However....I am experiencing this issue with margins, ie. once the margins are set for a document and a master, they are set. You can change the master margins, but old pages won't update, and new pages pick up the original margins, not the new ones.  I believe, however, margin problems are a known issue, but if this is a new one, I'll do up a screen video.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.