You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Perlin noise random seed?

Hi there, I've been thinking about moving to Affinity Photo after using Photoshop for several years, and one of the features I need and use almost more than any other is perlin noise. The ability to create and stack multiple layers of noise with blending modes is a make-or-break feature for me , and while I've really been enjoying the results I see using this software, I've noticed that there's a limitation in that the noise generated is always exactly the same. This can make layering noise quite difficult, especially noise with the same detail ranges.

Are there plans for random seeds in future updates? I've noticed that when you adjust the zoom level of the noise it always zooms back into the 0, 0 co-ordinates at the top left, so even a way to offset those home co ordinates would function in my case! In addition, it would also be extremely helpful to be given the option to control the zoom of the y and x co ordinates individually, to help with generating fibre or grain texture!

As it stands currently I can think of a workaround involving writing out a much larger source image of pre generated perlin noise and then reading in and transforming that result, but as far as a workflow goes, it's not exactly smooth.