You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You can tap any node a tap the little bin symbol at lower left of screen to delete a node. Quite easy really.

Are you suggesting selecting multiple nodes?....

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Removal of unnecessary nodes to a path can  require selecting a whole bunch of discontinuous nodes. This is quite tedious (on the iPad, selection can also result in inadvertently selecting the control handle instead of a node, specially when they are close to each other). An automated removal would be helpful.

Also the way Affinity handles deleting nodes is also makes the select and delete method a bit unintuitive.

The default action for deleting a node/nodes in affinity leaves the control handles of the remaining nodes unchanged, the shape is not maintained.

Apps such as Corel Draw automatically try to re-adjust the remaining control handles to maintain the original shape of the line. Affinity does this too, but requires you to hold the OPTION modifier to activate this feature.  I'm not sure if this action was carried over into the iPad version (unfortunately, I've been eagerly awaiting the release of the new iPad so i can get into it).

I have a feature request in to add an option to select which default action the delete key performs (default to either compensation or no-compensation), but I haven't heard anything about it.

836859007_deletenodes.thumb.jpg.57825bc0db0d34bb1a77e4893efde077.jpg

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery