You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature request: PDF support

One reason why I keep another vector app on the iPad is the superior support for PDF files. I round trip there just to convert to SVG to get into Affinity Designer on the iPad. I haven’t found a good postscript to PDF parser on iOS at all, but I am hoping that AD can directly at least import one of these file types. 

• Staff

Hi Doc Ricky :)

Affinity Designer for iPad supports the following file formats for import and export currently:

Full Open or Import List
Adobe® Photoshop® PSD
Adobe® Illustrator® AI (containing PDF stream)
PDF
SVG
EPS
Adobe® FreeHand® (versions 9 to 11)
PNG
TIFF
JPG
GIF
EXR (Open EXR)
HDR (Radiance)
Affinity Photo native file
Affinity Designer native file

Full Save or Export List
Adobe® Photoshop® PSD
PDF (can be opened in Adobe® Illustrator®)
SVG
EPS
TIFF
PNG
JPG
GIF
EXR (Open EXR)
HDR (Radiance)
Affinity Designer (Affinity common file format)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks for your screenshots, unfortunately we don't currently supported embedded fonts in a PDF so you will need to install the missing fonts in your Affinity Designer before importing the PDF in. You can find out how to do this here - https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tutorials/designer/ipad/video/273647530

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)