You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyphenation after reflowing text not working

I modified the margins and reflowed the text and the hyphenation is all wrong, but it was wrong even before reflowing but now more so. At the end of the second line it should be "économi- " not "écono-" , etc. Hyphenation is all wrong throughout this page and yes I read everything that Publisher has to say about the subject.  I also mostly work by intuition and obviously functions in Publisher are mostly not intuitive.

Thanks

8X10_13pts Arial-FR.afpub

The text in that file has hyphens and line breaks hard coded (by that I mean actually typed as text). In the screenshot below, I made this apparent by reducing the width of the text frame and observing how the text reflowed.

740063599_ScreenShot2018-10-19at10_18_45AM.png.85c89db0b633a13a5b6594e9362eec60.png

On the first line as visible in the screenshot, the hyphen after écono is a soft hyphen, added by Publisher's hyphenation. The hyphen and the line break on the second line (after "mi") are actually typed into the text, and they will appear no matter where the text flows. I don't know where they came from (perhaps you copied from a PDF or other source where hyphens or line breaks were already applied), but you can just delete the extra hyphens and line breaks.

Thanks Mac and Garett, you are right, that was an Illustrator file that I pasted, I thought that Publisher would reflow the text like Illustrator does. Mac,  how did you get to see those cr lf to show ? In Pages it's simply "Show Invisible". Publisher needs a user manual, is there one in the making ?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.