You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch/automated processing...

2 hours ago, GabrielM said:

I'm afraid we do not provide any test scripts for customers. If you wish to test it, you would have to use your own methods/files. 

Btw. batch processing: 

NEW BATCH JOB->Available Macros...

Only DEFAULT available? How can I load previously defined macro to process the files?

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

17 hours ago, GabrielM said:

If you've got them in a different category, you have to select that category first using the drop-down menu. 

image.png

Cant find a folder MACRO whatever neither in  app nor user folder structure....Where am I supposed to save recorded macros to make them available in that drop down list?

Do you plan some scripting feature /eg JS, Python/ to extend flexibility  /similar to Extended Script and Aactions in Adobe/ ?

cheers,

• Staff

8 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

Cant find a folder MACRO whatever neither in  app nor user folder structure....Where am I supposed to save recorded macros to make them available in that drop down list?

8 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

Do you plan some scripting feature /eg JS, Python/ to extend flexibility  /similar to Extended Script and Aactions in Adobe/ ?

Maybe in the future, but we do not have an ETA. Definitely not in this 1.x.x version. 

1 hour ago, Zbigg said:

These video tutorials are for the Mac version but the basics are the same for Windows:

Affinity Photo - Macros

Affinity Photo - Batch Processing with Macros

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

23 hours ago, Zbigg said:

Btw resize canvas: 'relative resize' feature would be much appreciated.

cheers,

5 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

Btw resize canvas: 'relative resize' feature would be much appreciated.

Relative to what?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Iam starting to feel an unreasonably  importunate customer ))

Afaik AF was intended also to resemble Adobe products in functionality but with greater ease of use.

And there come such questions from. I would like to reproduce at least same functionality with AF as I had/have in Adobe.

Am I wrong with that?

cheers,

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

Afaik AF was intended also to resemble Adobe products in functionality but with greater ease of use.

We have never claimed this. Affinity products are not a replacement for Adobe, but an alternative. 

12 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

We have never claimed this. Affinity products are not a replacement for Adobe, but an alternative. 

So coincidence ? Looks that was the ambition. Nevertheless discussion seems pointles.

So they are not/yet?/ mature enough to be production use.

cheers,

2 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Again, we have never claimed this. 

Can we please stay on topic as this has drifted away from the original Macro questions. 

Sure. So drift for now is: production funcionality with reatable results for MACROS cant be achieved because:

1. Macro workflow: defining,editing,handling, no assigning to the shortcuts

2. Single step in a Macro can be executed properly but if part of set of steps/MACRO/ nor in a batch job - cant. Neither cant specify a rule for such behaviour.

cheers,

5 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

1. Macro workflow: defining,editing,handling, no assigning to the shortcuts

Considering that there could be hundreds or thousands of macros among various categories, it does not seem like this would be very practical, at best usable for maybe a few multi-key shortcuts that are not already assigned to more commonly used items.

9 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

2. Single step in a Macro can be executed properly but if part of set of steps/MACRO/ nor in a batch job - cant. Neither cant specify a rule for such behaviour.

I am not sure what you mean by not executing properly, either as part of a macro (which all macro steps must be) or in a batch job. Can you explain a bit more about that?

Affinity Photo 

Ad. 1 Awkward handling... to say least.)); Imho /and people I know working in PS/ its very useful if you can assign previously defined macro/action/ to a shortcut

Ad. 2 As mentioned earlier: I need to merge an image with a title block so I started as follows:

1. enlarge image canvas center-downwards

2. place AFDesign title block /btw on PLACE user interaction is required, can it be done in host image center-by default /w/out user interaaction/?

3. resize placed AFD title block and move it to a position

4. crop whole image /known problem with cropping to layers' bounds/

5. resize canvas /centerwise/ to add some margin around

So if I have all above in on MACRO only step 1 and 2 seems to work ok - alternatively: 3-5.

When a single step activated-eg. 3-also works.

As a whole MACRO it does not work, I can obtain only proper result 1-2.

cheers,

Since AFD does not provide MACRO functionality for now I would have to arrange main workflow in AFPhoto and would it be possible to preserve /similar to SmartObjects/ editability of an AFD object/a title block-text/ placed in AFPhoto? Just so I could modify only some text in placed title block?

cheers,

• Staff

When you place an .afdesign file in Affinity Photo, with the move tool selected, you have to click on the "Edit Document" in the context toolbar. That will open up a new window within Affinity Photo with the placed document, and you can then edit its contents. 

11 hours ago, GabrielM said:

When you place an .afdesign file in Affinity Photo, with the move tool selected, you have to click on the "Edit Document" in the context toolbar. That will open up a new window within Affinity Photo with the placed document, and you can then edit its contents. 

Does it mean I could possibly edit AFD object while PLACING it exclusively?

cheers,

On 10/23/2018 at 9:26 AM, Zbigg said:

.Where am I supposed to save recorded macros to make them available in that drop down list?

You can save them anywhere convenient to you. I save mine in a folder under Affinity\Affinity Photo\Resources\Macros.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

On 10/25/2018 at 8:30 AM, GabrielM said:

As mentioned previously, the Document > Resize does not work dynamically. It will use real values, rather than relative values. 

If you want to resize in a macro, you need to use Filter>Distort>Equations. You can write two equations that map your old x-coordinstes to your new ones, with the same for y.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

7 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

You can save them anywhere convenient to you. I save mine in a folder under Affinity\Affinity Photo\Resources\Macros.

John

Thx, Ive figured it out, just a bit diffeent workflow manner than Adobe  ))

cheers,