You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch/automated processing...

hello,

I have at the moment +1000 psd images to process: a title block/separate image(AF Designer) file has to be placed on each of them, in a specific location/coordinates/.

Additionally some canvas resizing and trimming may be necessary - to align them in constant relation to each other and the margins/bounds also.

Can I automate/batch the process with any of Affinity tools ?

OR

Can I insert AFD object into SPECIFIC position in AF Photo? /and record a macro for this/ ?

AND

Why cant I record macro: "Set current selection" or "Embedded dirty" ?!

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64/Gtx760+AmdFX+24GB RAM

• Staff

Hi @Zbigg,

The most important question: Are all your images the same size? 

2 hours ago, Zbigg said:

Additionally some canvas resizing and trimming may be necessary - to align them in constant relation to each other and the margins/bounds also.

Is that going to be the same for all? Can you detail this a bit more? Perhaps with some examples? 

2 hours ago, Zbigg said:

Can I insert AFD object into SPECIFIC position in AF Photo? /and record a macro for this/ ?

Only if your base photos have the same size. If not, the only way to dynamically place it would be by using the Align method. But that will distort the placed image to fit the new image. So for example 

This

AD.jpg

Aligned in the bottom right corner on a 16:9 image would become this

dd.png

Running the same macro on a 1:1 picture, it becomes distorted: 

x2.jpg

Thanks,

Gabe. 

sxx.jpg

I got tons of coin images, each of them has to be equipped with a title block.

Of course I would like to have some data link or capability to refer filename to some data inside the title block but thats probably impossible at that very moment in AF.

What is important though: both images are clipped to their bounds at the entry, I can still resize their canvas, they are same DPI resolution, I would like to keep specified offset between both objects and objects to image bounds.

Btw. your reply: maybe I should consider rasterizing AFD title blocks prior to inserting into AF Photo?

0.jpg

cheers,

5 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

If they have the same file size ( in PX) you can easily position that and it will work every time, as, for example, 300px H and 400W would be in the same position every time. 

Thats one option. Downside here is I have to produce many large /75000x6000px/ files.

Option I thought about was: 

- open a coin image

- resize canvas: enlarge center-downwards so to get the coin just below upper edge

-place/insert into active image/ title block

-crop whole image

-resize canvas to add some margins around...

But/as mentioned in 1st post/, MACRO module gives me some strange warnings it cant insert "Embedded dirty". Macro recorded but does not reproduce same results. whats the problem?

cheers,

3 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

I'm not really sure what do you mean by "Embedded Dirty". Can you send us a screen recording of your workflow in action? 

I get this message after invoking <PLACE...> a title block AFD file.

2018-10-19 16_33_43-Greenshot.png

cheers,

15 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

You can just ignore that message. The embedded document should work as expected. 

Same error w/ 'Set current selection'. Ignore also?

Why CLIP CANVAS does not actually clip to the objects' bounds? /think similar issue was discussed already somewhere here.../

cheers,

This is on display: title block embedded/AFDesign file/ and the other-after exporting to jpeg:

Should I NOT expect smooth data interchange within AF apps?!

2018-10-19 16_57_39-Greenshot.png

1r.jpg

cheers,

2 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

This is on display: title block embedded/AFDesign file/ and the other-after exporting to jpeg:

Should I NOT expect smooth data interchange within AF apps?!

Does a Macro recording/playing have to be possible only with an opened document? 

Note unclipped /after CLIP/ canvas on 1st...

2018-10-19 16_57_39-Greenshot.png

1r.jpg

cheers,

And another issue:

Macro step TRANSFORM is NOT being executed at all...

Title block remains unchanged, as inserted, small in the middle of present image.

So far I could notice that TRANSFORM would actually work but SELECTING specific layer/object does not work.

IN other words: if I select proper object manually - the macro would execute properly - macro recorder notifications says: Select can not be recorded-see below.

But macro cant select and execute by itself. Which is a basic issue for MACRO functionality...

2018-10-20 11_34_43-Greenshot.png

2018-10-20 11_46_06-Greenshot.png

cheers,

5 minutes ago, >|< said:

You can record the selecting of an object when selecting it in the Layers panel instead of in the document view.

Does not seem to work either.

Btw. Macro needs real dev's involvement. You cant edit it/delete,replace,change/ specific steps - nor inside AF neither from a text editor.

cheers,

• Staff
On 10/19/2018 at 3:52 PM, Zbigg said:

Same error w/ 'Set current selection'. Ignore also?

No. You cannot set the selection by clicking on the canvas. You would have to use the Layer Studio

On 10/19/2018 at 3:52 PM, Zbigg said:

Why CLIP CANVAS does not actually clip to the objects' bounds? /think similar issue was discussed already somewhere here.../

I could not replicate the issue. Can you send us a screen recording with this not working as expected? 

On 10/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, Zbigg said:

And another issue:

Title block remains unchanged, as inserted, small in the middle of present image.

So far I could notice that TRANSFORM would actually work but SELECTING specific layer/object does not work.

IN other words: if I select proper object manually - the macro would execute properly - macro recorder notifications says: Select can not be recorded-see below.

But macro cant select and execute by itself. Which is a basic issue for MACRO functionality...

2018-10-20 11_34_43-Greenshot.png

2018-10-20 11_46_06-Greenshot.png

Can you attach the .afmacro,  .afdesign and .afphoto so we can have a look?

On 10/20/2018 at 10:38 AM, Zbigg said:

And another issue:

So, does Transform work or not? I'm a bit confused. 

2 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

No. You cannot set the selection by clicking on the canvas. You would have to use the Layer Studio

I could not replicate the issue. Can you send us a screen recording with this not working as expected? 

Can you attach the .afmacro,  .afdesign and .afphoto so we can have a look?

So, does Transform work or not? I'm a bit confused. Whta bother me more though is SELECT does not.

TRANSFORM works if executed as standalone step in a macro/other steps switched off/ and DOES NOT work if executed within whole macro. Btw. editing specific steps would be VERY useful imho, dont you think?

cheers,

• Staff
23 minutes ago, Zbigg said:

TRANSFORM works if executed as standalone step in a macro/other steps switched off/ and DOES NOT work if executed within whole macro. Btw. editing specific steps would be VERY useful imho, dont you think?

I still cannot replicate the issue. If you provide us with step-by-step instruction so we can follow, we can further advise. As for the editing specific steps, some can be modified, some can't. The ones that support alteration after they have been recorded have a cogwheel next to the tick box. 

image.png

2 hours ago, GabrielM said:

I still cannot replicate the issue. If you provide us with step-by-step instruction so we can follow, we can further advise. As for the editing specific steps, some can be modified, some can't. The ones that support alteration after they have been recorded have a cogwheel next to the tick box. 

image.png

I ll try to reproduce but maybe you have any test ideas so I could check it reliably?

cheers,

27 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Not really sure what do you mean by this. 

I mean some test procedure/files/macros you/devs use already in similar cases.

cheers,