Interesting little Brush Profile difficulty.
Affinity Designer 1.6.1

I am on a Mac OSX 10.10.6

I have a question about some strange behavior I am encountering with a Brush.
This is a brush originally from the (default) Assorted set.
I have made some adjustments to the Brushes Profile. See attached image (Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.10.51 PM.png)

The problem I am encountering seems to be multi-part.
One.
I cannot seem to save the profile at all. There are no save (custom) options anywhere for the Profile set. 
Two. 
Where Standard profile settings seem to stick (a standard profile can be changed for another standard profile and this stays applied to a Brush) - THIS particular customized profile appears to reset to a default Standard profile whenever I close the file I have used to customized brush in.
On opening the file the brushes appearance has set to a default profile. See attached: lines-bad.jpg. The look of the brush should be like the attached: lines.jpg
Three.
I saved the brush out as an .afbrushes file and loaded that back into AD. The profile for the brush has reverted to something like a default setting. The saved brush has lost its custom profile setting… Or the custom setting is just not saving at all in the brush file.

The custom profile for the brush seems to stay available while a file is open (a .afdesign file) but the settings appear to get wiped on closing.

I would not expect this behavior.
My expectation would be:

If I create a custom profile for a brush - I could either save the custom profile in some formal way - or the custom profile would stick automatically and remain that way until altered.
I may be missing something here - please feel free to steer me to any way a custom profile could be saved.

It may be that the custom profile I made is outside the norm for what the profile editing environment is typically used for. My settings were intended as a shaky hand like emulation. The effect when drawing is very close to what I was looking for. It would be lovely to have this custom setting work.

I can provide the .afdesign (grumpy geezer art) an exported .afbrushes file if needed.

Let me know if I am seeing a bug. Or an incomplete feature. Or...
Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.10.51 PM.png

lines-bad.jpg

lines.jpg

My Portfolio site:

http://www.i-toons.com

My art related blog:

http://greenlightcd.blogspot.com

Hi Craig Deeley,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with this dialog - it just doesn't seem to want to save the pressure that has been applied. It is with development to fix however. Even with it working though it is not possible to save the currently set profile to then apply to a different stroke. It would be worth adding that into the Feature Requests area of the forum though.

Have you tried using the Pressure option on the Stroke Panel instead? These are saveable and are remembered when a file is saved and reopened?1717089768_Screenshot2018-10-1913_51_54.png.99316dee41fc9590d733134c98e994ad.png

Sean,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I appreciate the info. At least I know it's not me - unable to find some tool. And it's not a bug in my particular setup. I will dig into the Pressure options in the Stroke panel. And also send a feature request.

The Brush tool in AD needs some extra loving. Its 80% great - but the missing 20% is killer. I have posted on this previously. A few more features and the tool could be superpowered.

Again, many thanks!

My Portfolio site:

http://www.i-toons.com

My art related blog:

http://greenlightcd.blogspot.com