Hello guys.

I'm tried to help a mate. He has some templates he made, and he wants to replace the texts in the textboxes for each client, but he wants the font size to change automatically , so all the text is visible in the textbox instead of wrapping it. 

I tried to help him by showing him the Constraint feature in View > Studio but it doesn't help. It only works in resizing the objets, not font size.

Eg:

He opens a template. 
Navigates to a textfield where the name of the client is supposed to be written.
The textfield has a default text of "My Name".
He types a long name.
The font size changes accordingly, so the long name shows up completely in the textbox, without wrapping it to new lines.

Is there a way to achieve this?  Is some feature like this in the roadmap?

Thank you!

Take a look at the video to see if this will suit you.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

Thank you for the video and for replying. Sorry for the delay. I'm programmer and have been very busy building some apps and learning some new technologies and languages.

Let me explain what my cousin needs:

k3XwfMeB9I.thumb.gif.bfd4d96ed36bf7b963ca5b4b43acf3a9.gif

I may be wrong but as far as I'm aware there isn't an option in any of the Affinity apps to scale text to the text frame as you type. 

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

Thinking a bit laterally, until the "scale to text box as you text" feature appears, what about making text styles based on how many characters are in a name, so have a 12 character text style with say a 16pt font and a 15 character text style that has a 12pt font, then type the name and choose the style that fits the amount of characters.

Thanks for your video, unfortunately this isn't currently possible automatically. However it's a feature we plan to add to Affinity Publisher and once this is added here I see no reason why the change would not reflect in Photo and Designer.

For the meantime I recommend either manually resizing the text, or setting up custom styles as firstdefence has mentioned :) 

On 3/27/2019 at 5:00 AM, Dan C said:

Thanks for your video, unfortunately this isn't currently possible automatically. However it's a feature we plan to add to Affinity Publisher and once this is added here I see no reason why the change would not reflect in Photo and Designer.

For the meantime I recommend either manually resizing the text, or setting up custom styles as firstdefence has mentioned :) 

Thanks!

On 3/27/2019 at 4:48 AM, firstdefence said:

Thinking a bit laterally, until the "scale to text box as you text" feature appears, what about making text styles based on how many characters are in a name, so have a 12 character text style with say a 16pt font and a 15 character text style that has a 12pt font, then type the name and choose the style that fits the amount of characters.

Excellent idea!