You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity publisher beta jpeg export

Good evening! I'm new to the forum and I'm trying to get to a solution about the export of JPEGS in Affinity publisher beta. I have a 4 page file and when I'm trying to export to JPEG, the program exports 4 seperate files and not one. Am I doing something wrong? 

I'd appreciate any relative help.

Thanks in Advance!

Dimosthenis

• Staff

Hey Dimosthenis, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Your two options during the export are 'All Pages' or 'Current Page' so the app will not export your four pages as a single JPEG. 

This is a feature request because the app would need to be told how to stitch the pages. The only way you could really do it is by manually creating the layout you want and paste the content where it needs to be.

I'll moe this to the suggestions thread so the developers can see.

Hi Chris and thank you for your answer.

I've already chosen the option "all pages" during the export, but the problem insists.

For example, if I export a .pdf file with the option "All pages", I'll get a single file with all my pages inside it and that's exactly what I really want!

When I change the export settings to .jpeg (with the option "All pages"), I get 4 files (each one with the one page) instead of one.

I wonder why is this happening in .jpeg exports and not in .pdf..

Dimosthenis

It is quite simple: PDF is a page format, and therefore — of course — is able to handle pages, Jpg is an image format, and images don‘t consist of pages. Did you ever see an image with more than one page (except an outdated tif format, which was used for fax output)?

If you want more than one page in an image, you have to compose it with an application like Affinity Photo or Photoshop..