You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tell please, Do you plan to make such a convenient brush setting like in Photoshop. It is much more convenient than at the moment in Affinity Designer or affinity photo.I'm talking about the circle above the arrow in the picture below. very easy and convenient to change the brush - just press mouse 2. and in Affinity Designer i could not change roundness for brush, I thing option SHAPE in brush setting  can set roundness but not for all brushes. I beg you to implement such an implementation is very convenient for drawing. Thank you for your attention and have a nice day.

slip.jpg.182b956df4e3ed36be865dd34c6492d9.jpg

• 10 months later...

I've just been looking for this; a way of setting the  brush angle so a stroke can be applied to lettering to emulate a calligraphic pen. I kinda assumed this would be here somewhere and that I was missing something obvious. The brush setting seem to have no capability of dealing with the concept of a brush angle and head shape and take a different approach, which has it's benefits but which is of less use to me than the approach taken by Corel and Illustrator. I'd have to put this in my "Essentials" request list. 

Windows 7 & 10 64-bit, Dual Xeon workstation(s) 64gb RAM, and single i7 laptop 32gb RAM

8 hours ago, AndyQ said:

I've just been looking for this; a way of setting the  brush angle so a stroke can be applied to lettering to emulate a calligraphic pen.

You can change the 'Rotation' setting to  adjust the angle. You can also do this with the left and right arrow keys. 

4 hours ago, Hilltop said:

You can change the 'Rotation' setting to  adjust the angle. You can also do this with the left and right arrow keys. 

As far as I can see "Rotation" is only an attribute for raster-based brushes. I'm after a hard-edge, scalable vector line, applied to a carefully constructed existing curve. I'll likely convert the stroke to curves ("outline" it or whatever the terminology is) once the design is complete. I do a lot of this for logo designs; this is the first time I've used Designer on a "real" job hence the frequent posting!

Windows 7 & 10 64-bit, Dual Xeon workstation(s) 64gb RAM, and single i7 laptop 32gb RAM

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

@AndyQ Sometimes a workaround is the only way to go forward. :) 

Thanks for the suggestions, I don't see any workarounds (it can't have any bitmap component); the only way to get the kind of vector shape I'm after would be to draw it as an outlined object.  It's not a problem - I can do the job in CorelDraw or Illustrator instead, although I'd like to flag this as a function that I'd place a high priority on. I do like a lot about the AD application interface, snapping features and vector drawing capabilities; I'm just hoping to nudge it along so it can become a complete replacement for the tools I usually use. Cheers!