You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Emoji 4 Publisher beta

Can I insert emoticons.... No that was a failure, just a graphics import from Irfanview,

second attempt... Well they’ll be called emoji, that much is learned, but they do seem to be absent, 

Third attempt...  a copy from an email system hey ho ho ho  .  Hmm, not exciting.  Father Christmas is no square.

Well it is a ß system (ß copied from Microsoft character table).  And this seems to be the answer, use a dedicated emoji font (not unlike wingdings).

14 hours ago, GabrielM said:

we do not support Emojis

Then why are they in the Edit menu of all three products?

You should really get that fixed - preferably by starting to support them, but if not then by offering a "Symbols" interface that excludes them...

14 hours ago, GabrielM said:

I'm afraid we do not support Emojis, and this would be expected - Blank squares. 

Well, that might change if we get inline graphics support somewhere down the line. :)

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• Staff
6 hours ago, fde101 said:

Then why are they in the Edit menu of all three products?

You should really get that fixed - preferably by starting to support them, but if not then by offering a "Symbols" interface that excludes them...

That is a standard Mac "Edit" dialogue ( Start Dictation and Emoji & Symbols ). It's there in pretty much every "Edit" dialogue, regardless of the App. 

Turns out as I suspected, emoji work just fine in the Affinity apps as long as they are from "traditional" non-color fonts.

When you use that panel to insert them (on a mac) they are inserted with the font "Apple Color Emoji" which Affinity apps choke on right now, displaying them as blank spaces or similar.

Select the invisible characters and change them to a "normal" font that happens to have the Emoji characters in it and they may look different (they will be from that font) but they can be displayed.

Example free font to see this with would be Noto Emoji (https://www.google.com/get/noto/).