You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resource Manager - Linked objects - Possible bug

Hello,

AP 1.7.0.145 (Windows)

Am I doing something wrong, or there is a bug with Resource Manager and Linked objects?

Steps:

1. Created project Folder on Desktop - in folder another folder called "Assets" and placed all assets there (AP and AD files only).

2. Created a new document (Image placement policy: prefered linked) and I saved it in "Project folder" - created a layout with linked objects (Status in Resource Manager OK), saved it and close AP

3. Moved Project folder from Desktop to All project folders on another drive.

4. Trying to open AP file and warning (01) came out - chose "Yes" and navigated to proper Assets folder but AP (02) can't see assets (only AP and AD files) - then cancelled

5. Document - Resource Manager - Status: Missing and "Update" function is greyed out (03).

6. Only Replace command works, but for only that one asset.

7. Every time I open AP document that was moved to another folder or drive, I must relink all assets.

Questions:

1. When You move folders with assets, do AP remembers paths for assets - It should automatically, when opening file, locate assets (they are in Project folder-Assets)?

2. When I replace one file - Does AP could link all the proper files in that folder?

I've done a very simple example, but if I have longer documents and hundreds of files - after moving a project folder to another location - it would be horrible to relink again all assets.

With best wishes!!!!!!!!

01.png

02.png

03.png

Affinity Designer & Photo 1.6.5.123, Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.162

Packard Bell EasyNote TK85, Intel i3, 6GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6370M, Windows 10 Home 1809

Hi Wally_G

If you replace the missing resources when the file is opened then selecting a single resource will find all the others if they are in the same place. If you are doing it through the resource manager then you are only affecting that selected resource

I have logged that Affinity files are not being displayed in windows when the file is opened

Current it remembers the absolute path not a relative on so changing the assets location will cause the link to the file to be missing. I can see if the team are looking at making this use more relative paths instead

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi @Chris_K,

Thanks a lot for the clarification and logging "little bugs". Trying to recreate business card, flyers and brochures in AP, and if I find more things, I'll let You - Serif Team - know about it. The program is constantly improved from beta to beta!!!!

All the best for the Team!!!! And waiting for upcoming improvements and final release!!!!!!!

Affinity Designer & Photo 1.6.5.123, Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.162

Packard Bell EasyNote TK85, Intel i3, 6GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6370M, Windows 10 Home 1809

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.