You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Camera Color Profile

Mi sapreste dire come si effettua la calibrazione con un ColorChecker, attualmente ho un Xrite ColorChecker Passport, se utilizzo Adobe Lightroom Classic CC non ci sono problemi, tramite il software di Xrite, creo il profilo colore (file DCP) che automaticamente viene caricato in Lightroom e posso applicarlo senza problemi a tutte le foto scattate in quella sessione.

Con Affinity Photo purtroppo ho scoperto che non gestisce i profili colore DCP, ma solo i profili ICC, a questo punto ho provato a cercare un software che convertisse i file DCP in ICC, sfortunatamente non sono riuscito a trovarlo, ma in compenso ho trovato un programma che genera i profili ICC da file TIFF (Lumariver Profile Designer), attualmente scatto in formato DNG, quindi dovrei convertirlo in TIFF, Lumariver Profile Designer utilizza questo formato per creare file ICC.

A questo punto, le domande sono:

1.      E’ corretto creare un profilo colore della macchina in Affinity Photo, (in modo analogo a quello che attualmente faccio in L.R., ovviamente la procedura sarà diversa)?

2.      Il software per la creazione dei file ICC (Lumariver Profile Designer) è un valido strumento?

3.      Mi potreste indicare la corretta procedura di convertire da DNG in TIFF per ottenere un file valido per la generazione del profilo colore ICC in Lumariver Profile Designer?

4.      Se le prime due domande sono affermative, potreste fare un tutorial spiegando la corretta procedura per la creazione ed applicazione dei profili colore?

Spero di essere stato chiaro, è da poco che uso Affinity Photo, e ancor meno che mi sono avvicinato alla gestione del colore in modo corretto.

Vi ringrazio anticipatamente dell’attenzione

You can tell me how to calibrate with a ColorChecker, I currently have an Xrite ColorChecker Passport, if I use Adobe Lightroom Classic CC there are no problems, through the Xrite software, I create the color profile (DCP file) that automatically loads in Lightroom and I can apply it without problems to all the photos taken in that session. With Affinity Photo unfortunately I found that it does not handle the DCP color profiles, but only the ICC profiles, at this point I tried to find a software that would convert the DCP files to ICC , unfortunately I could not find it, but on the other hand I found a program that generates ICC profiles from TIFF files (Lumariver Profile Designer), currently shooting in DNG format, so I should convert it to TIFF, Lumariver Profile Designer uses this format to create files ICC.At this point, the questions are:

1. Is it correct to create a color profile of the machine in Affinity Photo, (in a similar way to what I currently do in L.R., obviously the procedure will be different)?

2. Is the software for creating ICC files (Lumariver Profile Designer) a valid tool? Could you tell me the correct procedure to convert from DNG to TIFF to obtain a valid file for generating the ICC color profile in Lumariver Profile Designer?

4. If the first two questions are affirmative, could you make a tutorial explaining the correct procedure for the creation and application of color profiles? I hope I have been clear, it is only recently that I use Affinity Photo, and even less that I approached the management of color correctly. Thank you in advance for your attention

• 5 months later...

I've been trying to find out an up-to-date answer to this question. I already own Affinity Photo, and recently purchased an X-Rite Photographer Kit with i1Display Pro and ColourChecker Passport, which as it happens, had a further copy of Affinity Photo bundled with it. I've already calibrated my screen and scanner with it, and today turned to calibrating my camera. Having managed to get my Nikon NEF converted to DNG and successfully creating a camera profile, I find the X-Rite software generates a DCP rather than ICC file. Although I have saved this to the same Profiles folder as my scanner profile, which is available to assign within Affinity Photo, the DCP profile does not appear to be available. Can someone please confirm whether Affinity Photo supports this file format.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...