You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Duplicate channel to a different document...

Would be great to be able to duplicate channels from one document to another ala PS.

Working in 3d I tend to have render passes that include RGB selections. From these render passes I can then select tonally R, G, B one at a time, then duplicate that individual channel into my main document/render beauty pass as a channel selection for alterations.

So, Red = Glass, Green= Brick, Blue = Frames etc etc. See attached example.

At the moment, in order to have these selections, I have to duplicate the render pass document into my main document, drag it to the top, select tonal ranges, save those selections, then delete the RGB selection pass from the document. It's pretty tedious and seems a bit backwards.

This is just one example, there any many other useful applications in which duplicating a channel from one document to another would be helpful.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG