You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing a Table column affect adjacent column size

Hi there,

In working with AP's tables, I'm noticing a somewhat tedious effect when resizing the size of a column or row. The resizing affects the size of the adjacent column or row. This becomes very tedious because you then have to resize all the cells to compensate for it.  I can provide a GIF if I'm not explaining well enough.

The resizing of a row or column should naturally push all the subsequent rows/columns while maintaining their relative size... not cut into their size. 

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

I agree with that but apparently that is "by design", on the assumption that the table width shouldn't change. You can use the mouse to move the column label and that will do as you want - it's just the numeric input which is strange. The vertical size behaves differently and is better.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Ok... So I tried the Shift-Move methodology and that works great! Thanks so much!! :)

So the last missing piece is to give that same behavior (ie. maintaining the other cell's size) when using the Table Palette's numeric entry fields. 

Cheers.

You can do this using the CTRL key with mouse click

image.png.5c9cefde95aebc22b2174dfb58b77348.png

Unfortunately in this exemple, after changing the value, all 3 columns will have the same width taking the last selected column as a reference width. 

image.png.69babcd76daf7fc3c37426e1aed7accb.png

In case you are not aware,

If you maintained the CTRL key over numeric fields (applicable all across the program) the value will be incremented by 1/10
If you maintained the SHIFT key over numeric fields (applicable all across the program) the value will be incremented by 10
and you can change the value with the mouse wheel as well.

Thanks!