You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RAW File Support for Canon EOS R

• Staff

Hi FintanMcTiernan,

Welcome to the forums.

If you purchased from the Windows store, the apps are automatically updated. If purchased from the Mac App Store, you can set to have updates installed automatically or to be notified. If you've purchased direct from our Affinity store, the apps will notify you an update is available. The Affinity store process may change to automatic when we release our 1.7 updates. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2018 at 6:58 PM, peterofsmith said:

Just purchased EOS R, looking for editor and am super impressed with Affinity... the challenge is that it doesn't support EOS R RAW files. Am I looking at a wait of a month or two or longer? 

I've been waiting over a year for them to fix 6D mkII RAW files, so wouldn't hold my breath for newer types of RAW.

• 3 months later...

Not for the Serif APh 1.7.x RAW engine so far, since this depends on third party libraw support instead. - However, on macOS Mojave the EOS R is supported by the Apple RAW engine, thus one can switch APh for Mac there to use the Apple RAW engine instead.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2019 at 3:47 AM, FintanMcTiernan said:

Is there any sign of support for CR3 raw file conversion ?

It is nearly March 2019 and almost 4 months have passed since the Canon EOS R was released.

Neither Windows nor iPad supports the Apple RAW engine. When is Affinity Photo capable of reading EOS Rs RAW Files?

5 hours ago, i3earci said:

Neither Windows nor iPad supports the Apple RAW engine.

The IOS version of Affinity Photo uses Apple's RAW Engine. See for example this reply by @stokerg from November 2018.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

54 minutes ago, i3earci said:

Then there is a slight chance that it may work now on iPads (iOS 12).
(Supported RAW formats iOS 12 and macOS Mojave)

Since "Canon EOS R" is on that list, it would seem the chance it would work is considerably more than slight. :)

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Since "Canon EOS R" is on that list, it would seem the chance it would work is considerably more than slight. :)

Not according to the discussion where I found it. Seems not to work for everybody....

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2019 at 3:31 PM, R C-R said:

It won’t load directly in the Develop Persona. So I’m not sure what it does.