You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In Illustrator, I can scale or resize an object by using the Selection tool and grabbing a point on a shape and dragging it. I can keep the scaling proportional by holding down the Shift key as I drag.

I can't find any way to scale or resize a shape in Designer. Is there a specific key combination to get the job done?

Hello inspiredmac,

In addition to what @toltec said, hold down the "Shift" and "Ctrl/Cmd" keys together by dragging one of the corners of the shape selection frame to force magnification from the center.

1 hour ago, inspiredmac said:

In this instance, I was working on a some text on a line (or curve, if you like). I tried using the Selection tool and the Node tool while holding down the Shift key and dragging, but I could not get the shape to resize or scale.

Text on a path is not a shape.

resize.jpg.e6017690b7337d62dbf75d8f73dc15b3.jpg

Use the Move Tool and drag on any edge or corner tool to resize the path only. The text will re-flow to fit. Press Shift to constrain the proportions.

If you want to resize the path and the text at the same time, drag on the resize handle

1837212329_resizeboth.jpg.7e2d2c6f87b9c44779b5de272d5b60e1.jpg

Again, press shift to constrain the proportions.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.