Rob123456789

Designer (and Photo) zoom bug

I have some kind of zoom/redraw bug in both Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 and Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123.

In Designer, I can create a new document A4, 300ppi. Draw a rectangle shape filled with black, and stretch it in all directions so that it snaps to the document bounds. Now if I zoom in and out with the scroll wheel, at various zoom levels the rectangle appears as if it does not quite meet the document bounds on random edges. For example the top and left sides appear to have a 1 pixel gap and are white or show the transparancy grid beneath. If I change the zoom level the edges with the 'gap' will sometimes be on the bottom or right and back to top and left. I have tried toggleing snap and pixel alignment on/off but it makes no difference. Also when I dragged the edges of the rectangle to snap to the document bounds, the green//red lines appeared, indicating that it was snapping to the document edges.

A very similar problem exists in Affinity Photo - this time with a new blank canvas, choose File > Place. Select a relatively high resolution photo and drop it in the middle of the canvas. Now drag the edges and snap them to the document bounds. When I zoom in and out the "1 pixel" white/transparant edge randomly appears on various edges of the canvas at various zoom levels. Even at 100%. It makes it difficult to know if there is actually a 'gap' or not.

In the screenshot below (Designer) you should be able to see the white 1 pixel 'gap' i am talking about. In the one below that (Photo) you can see the transparancy grid along the top edge. If I zoom in the gap is not there, but might be on the left edge instead.

I have tried turning off the graphics card as the default renderer in Preferences > Performance. The only other option is WARP but it has the same problem.

image.thumb.png.5011f1c7624dc1eb46eb072a724d229c.png

image.thumb.png.2a92ad8165c258c763b3bd00ff1b983f.png

Hi Rob123456789,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with development, however it is just a rendering issue, so as long as your shapes/layers are snapped to the edges or extend past them, then you will not have a problem with this 'gap' when it comes to exporting the file.