You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master pages

Hi,

Not sure if it's a bug, but I think it make no sense to have the same "Master Page" appearing in the hint.

If we select a page and add a Master Page to it, Publisher add it wherever it's already apply.

Maybe a dialog box can be shown here to tell to the user that this particular Master has been already set.

image.png.bb08acfb5c86fe975ef231fae438b6a7.png

image.png.cd03bd7633723f14b4ee4c2687f32675.png

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Typo998 said:

Not sure if it's a bug, but I think it make no sense to have the same "Master Page" appearing in the hint.

If we select a page and add a Master Page to it, Publisher add it wherever it's already apply.

Maybe a dialog box can be shown here to tell to the user that this particular Master has been already set.

I'm not sure if you are aware of the following:
This dialog box is used to assign master pages to arbitrary pages. And several master pages can be assigned at the same time.

As I can see it's not possible to select more than one item in the drop down menu "Apply Master"

How can you tell that we can assign more than one Master at the same time?

Also it's not possible to select more than one Master page and drag on a page at the time.

I think that it can be more manageable to have a listbox instead of a combobox to apply more than 1 master page.

Also when we duplicate a page, the way it's work actually, it's not possible to replicate the same master pages.

Thanks! 

Hi Typo998

If you go to the layers panel you can see the layers for the master you have added. Every time you add a master page without replacing an existing it is adding a new layer and this is reflected in the hint. But this should perhaps know if the master is already applied so I shall raise this to see what the developers think 

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Seeing that this thread is about Master Pages I was wondering if there was a way to "daisy chain" master pages like in InDesign. Let me explain. I use "Master A" generally just for guide lines and spacing etc., then for any new master pages for the different sections I would base them on "Master A" and then add what I need to for each section etc. So the Masters would have different designs but the grid from "Master A" would be seen through all of them. Is there any way to that in Affinity Publisher.

As a side question is there a way to get the 0 margin line to the centre of the double-page spread instead of to the left all the time?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.