You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to format Table of Contents

Can anyone please tell me how to format the table of contents in Publisher on Windows?

The headings should be align left, the page numbers align right the separators are non existent I would like to use En space.

If I select numbers before heading it is better but not what I want.

My headings on the pages are align centre.

Not sure what I am missing

Thanks

Contents 1.png

Contents 2.png

Edited by John T
Forgot to say publisher on a windows pc

• Staff

Hi John T,

It should automatically be ordered with the headings aligned to the left and your numbers to the right. If possible could you provide the Publisher file so I can look into this further for you?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 6 months later...

I too am having a pretty hard time with the TOC. I am trying to export the attached document in a PDF format with a TOC that links to the sections of the book. I initially created a TOC (page) 6, and thought I could create a hyperlink to an anchor point within the document. Unfortunately, each time I try to do this, after exporting the PDF there are no clickable links within the document. After scouring the web, I decided to turn to the professionals! :)

In all transparency, I am as green as they come when it comes to graphic design. However, with Affinity I actually feel confident with the end product! Amazing job developers! Affinity has me hook line and sinker! I may not ever have to use the "Publisher" program after this, but I will still pay for it when its available, in support! 

FTK_Project_for_PDF.afpub

Edited by Allen Horn

You have a space and a tab before the words in the three misaligned headings in your copy. Remove them and all is good.

On 10/15/2018 at 8:20 AM, John T said:

The file for your kind attention.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Allen Horn said:

Not sure what you mean "Old Bruce"

contents.png.a22ad3c3bcb96536bc62b7a6a4624dc6.png

Find those in your document's pages and remove the space and the tab from before them. They are carried over into the ToC and that is the cause of the misalignment there.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.