matt.baker

Shape add operation - failure on rotated shape

I have a file with two overlapping shapes, one rotated +90 degrees and the other -90 degrees. If I perform an add operation there is a joining line. However, if I rotate both shapes -90 degrees releative to their previous position (clockwise in the software) so that they become 0 degrees and 180 degrees respectively, the add operation performs as expected.

2018-10-15_09-17-41.gif.97cc88b3adc58c7394c7dd8a2b501cdb.gif

Add operation.afdesign

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

Thanks for that Matt.baker,

I have recreated this issue and have logged it with our developers.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

+1. I faced this issue several times too. There are some other boolean operations not working (anymore? after the last update of Designer?), I wonder if these can be explained by this after-rotation thing too. Next time I face them I'll take a look if a rotation is active. Great find!

I've run into a similar issue, but rather than being rotation related it seems to be affected by the position of the shape being added.

In the first two screenshots I've attached, if I try to individually add each of the circles to the diamond, they all work except for the top-right one. If I move the circle to one of the other sides of the diamond, it adds fine. Also if regardless of where the circle is (even in the problem area) if I select all objects at once and add then it works fine.

It doesn't seemt o be the whole top-right quadrant of the shape however, if move the circle up along 45 degrees, there is a point where it starts to add correctly (see the last two screenshots).

add_1.PNG

add_2.PNG

add_4.PNG

add_3.PNG