You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI Bug: tool window stays on top

I have the bug in publisher where I have two tool windows next to eachother, the character panel docking to the left, then for instance the glyph browser next to it. However, this causes problems when picking fonts, as the fonts dropdown menu goes behind the glyph browser window. see screenshot.

Schermafbeelding 2018-10-15 om 09.54.47.png

The Glyph Browser is 'floating' over the list of fonts, floating overtop everything as it should.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

I've checked some other apps and their font browser always appears on top of a panel or tab. I've logged it with development so they will decide the best course of action.

The problem I have with the current behaviour is that you should be able to float a panel where you want it but if that affects the functionality of another panel, i.e. the font chooser, it causes a problem (for me at least).

This only seems to affect the Mac. Windows always forced the font chooser to appear over the panel, which I think is correct.

1 hour ago, mac_heibu said:

Every panel, which you detach floats in front. That is intended behaviour in every application out there in the wild.

Just drag a different panel out of the studio area and you will notice the same behaviour.

I just tried this in Indesign CS5.5, but your statement is false, the font list goes over the top of the floating panel, which in turn goes on top of the other panels. Check the screenshot

Schermafbeelding 2018-10-15 om 17.17.56.png

Schermafbeelding 2018-10-15 om 17.18.03.png

Well, no, because the font picker menu disappears when I have selected the font, and gets out of the way. It is not a fixed window but a pop-up, which is why it goes on top. You will not be selecting a glyph AND changing the font at the same time. However, now I cannot properly change the font without moving the glyphs window (or any other floating window) away.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.