You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Splash Screen Sample is very confusing when downloading

When starting Publisher 1.7.0.145 the splash screen has a sample option on the right hand side.

1305874752_0SplashScreen.jpg.fa1fe146d32a4f174200dc30e815793c.jpg

When clicked there is an option to download an "Affinity Brochure".

376197572_1SampleScreen.jpg.85d4629d20dfbd06ea51c68037c89967.jpg

Clicking on the icon to download it shows the following: 

1455521173_2SampleDownloading.jpg.75e0780c4bbcda4e9f66b5a572e14552.jpg

This screen needs to have a progress bar or something to indicate that it is actually doing something.

I was confused by it showing the red cross. I thought it was saying that it was not available. It needs a pop up as well when click saying "Download Sample" or "Cancel Download"

The only reason that I gave it the time to download was that I was filling out this post and it managed to complete download it in the background.

As an aside, it also needs to have something about not being able to save the document... That is also confusing as hell given that when you close it you are asked to save your changes yet they are not then when reopening it... (perhaps a disclaimer / instruction page as the first page).

• Staff

Hi RoryAngus,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There's a progress bar in the latest screen (the grey circular outline around the image is the progress bar). Since the file is quite big you probably didn't wait enough to see it start filling.

Regarding saving/changing samples, this is not possible by design. They are all locked internally by us. Their purpose is let you see how they are built/structured only. Some samples are provided by third parties and were only licensed with this purposes in mind so copy/pasting/saving/changing them in any way is disabled. I agree we should be a little more clear about this. I will pass your feedback to the dev team. Thanks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.