You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text wrap - Shape disconnect bug

I had a similar bug happen. I have 2 columns on a page with photos added. The text in the right hand column jumped to the next page about an inch above the bottom of the text frame. After inserting a new page and moving text and images to it, the same thing happened. I eventually realized it was caused by an image at the bottom of the left hand column. When I removed the image the text on the right filled to the bottom. I recreated the image frame on the left and placed the image. The same thing happened again so I deleted and made another image frame that was a bit above the desired position. When I moved it to the desired position at the bottom of the left hand column it again cause text wrap around an invisible frame in the right hand column. My fix was to just leave the image in the higher position which was not a problem for this document, but could be a real problem for one in which the image needs to be precise.

Screenshot 2018-10-16 01.54.03.jpg

Screenshot 2018-10-16 01.54.37.jpg

I assume, this issue has absolutely nothing to do with the initial posting. Would be better to start a new thread about this. But first have a look into the Paragraph studio and check if one of the „Flow Options is active. Especially the „Keep paragraph together“ option may be the culprit.

Or – when dealing with imported/pasted text – if there are special characters (f.e. non breaking blanks) are used.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.