You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Auto Selections of Fields when Clicking

How about a feature that's seen on some software (including most adobe apps)… where as clicking on a field name with a box next to it for inputting values will auto select the preset values so that the user can quickly input their desired values.

For now the user has to manually mouse over into the field and highlight the text to delete/input the numbers,

The attached screenshot should demonstrate what I mean.

Thank you and keep up the great work Affinity Designer looks VERY promising!

post-414-0-36937100-1408077113_thumb.jpg

Yes, it is really nice.
That, coupled with the up/down cursor to increase/decrease the values is even better.
I know we already have this (the up/down cursor) but it always increases/decreases in full units.
As I suggested before, adding some modifiers to the up/down cursor press should allow for increase/decrease in higher steps and smaller steps.

• Staff

As I suggested before, adding some modifiers to the up/down cursor press should allow for increase/decrease in higher steps and smaller steps.

If you use the mouse wheel to increment/decrement in full units, you can hold down SHIFT to increment/decrement in a tenth of the units. :)

Many users, like me, use a graphic pen. So, we don't have a mouse wheel.

That is why we should all have the possibility of incrementing/decrementing with other values different than full units, even without a mouse wheel.

Also, those increment/decrement values should be adjusted in the preferences.

Sometimes I prefer the micro-increments to be .1 but, sometimes, .5 is better. Sometimes I need .01 or .001

And the maxi-increments could be 10, but occasionally, a value of 2 or 5 may be preferred.

Even the simple (non mini or maxi) increments should be definable in the preferences.

I may prefer to have standard increments set to .1, micro-increments set to .01 and macro-increments set to 1

All of these should be adjustable.