You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Items from the right page of a master page spread are always visible.

When I create a master page spread, and then apply that master page to my test document, items from the right page are always visible – even if the next right page is using a different master or if there isn't a right page at all! It's a bit weird, is this normal behavior? Am I missing something or is this a bug? I've attached a photo.

Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 7.51.48 PM.png

It is the way it is, annoying or useful depending on your point of view. If you turn off View > Show Text Flow then the blue outlined Master Page Test Frames will disappear.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:30 AM, Old Bruce said:

It is the way it is, annoying or useful depending on your point of view. If you turn off View > Show Text Flow then the blue outlined Master Page Test Frames will disappear.

Thanks! I would have never thought of that.

What makes that feature useful for folks?

43 minutes ago, wezlo said:

What makes that feature useful for folks?

At times I will make three Master Pages, single page Left, single page Right, and a Double page spread with essentially  the same items on them. When viewing I would like to know if I have inadvertently applied the Double page to the first or last (single) page. This is an admitted edge case.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.