You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is from another thread - looking at the demosaicing feature in Raw. I noted that AP on Windows "only" has the Serif engine which bears a striking resemblance to AMaZE (which would make sense as it's so highly regarded). However, there are multiple other algorithms out there including ones to deal with high noise images like this one. I wonder if we could have some alternative engines built in so we can take a crack to see what produces the best initial results off the sensor before we start fiddling? 

72174645_rawsensor.thumb.jpg.cffc879dad084950cc3362a32614ab48.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 6:11 PM, marcdraco said:

Multiple sub-frames? Is that one of those new fangled cameras that shifts the sensor a hair for three exposures one for each colour? (Not joking, I hear they can do that now)

Yeah, and some older cameras from Fuji and others would develop parts of the sensor differently to expand dynamic range, etc. I have an X-S1 which does that. The Serif RAW engine is abysmal at processing my RAFs.

On 11/14/2018 at 8:36 PM, Saijin_Naib said:

Yeah, and some older cameras from Fuji and others would develop parts of the sensor differently to expand dynamic range, etc. I have an X-S1 which does that. The Serif RAW engine is abysmal at processing my RAFs.

Rafs have always been an Achilles Heal in AP. The new 1.7 seems to have made a bit of a leap in this regard. Give the Beta a try with some old (non critical) files. It may be more to your liking.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

4 hours ago, Sharkey said:

Rafs have always been an Achilles Heal in AP. The new 1.7 seems to have made a bit of a leap in this regard. Give the Beta a try with some old (non critical) files. It may be more to your liking.

The slightest of improvements in color and shadow detail rendition, and now the X-S1 Lens Profile is applied properly. Clipping is still a massive problem, and it is still far from ideal/usable.

image.thumb.png.994c8b0e087760ba07d31b43296f026e.png