You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Section Manager Dialog Behaviour

There seems to be a small problem with updating section names within the Section Manager Window.
The Section Name changes only when hitting either the tab or the return key.
If you close the window with Close button nothing happens. It seems to me that the close button should register the change automatically.

See the video.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Or, alternatively, an OK which confirms changes and exits the SM dialog, and/or an Apply button that confirms changes and does not exit the SM dialog,  and a Cancel button that reverts to the names/values that have been changed following opening the Section Manager.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, J.L. Forrest said:

In fact, let me be more specific: Whether in larger, smaller, or new documents, it's impossible for me to edit ANY section. In some cases, I can't delete or modify sections.

I'm pretty sure that in previous betas I was in fact able to do this. 

My first reaction was "That is not correct" and now after trying I find that you are mostly correct. I can edit one section once. At least I think I could edit it, but after that I can only add sections and they are kind of screwed up. Can't delete is a killer because I make mistakes. The weirdest thing is that I can't select a section. I will investigate further to get more specifics.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I am having similar issues with the Section Manager. It seems to "work" the first time it is opened, but if I make any mistakes or try to make any changes it simply fails to work.

1- trying to update or add a section name, on any section defaults to updating the name of the original first section

2- trying to set the page range of a section is spotty at best and I can't correct any mistakes I might make

3- when creating a new section, the "restart page numbering at" function does not take

This is a high priority issue for me as it basically renders automatic page numbering useless.

• Staff

Hi Todd,

I've just had a quick look around and can't reproduce this dailog failing to work when closed/re-opened a few times.

Is it possible for you to create a quick screen recording of the issue so I can see if I am missing something? Also do you get the same behaviour on a new document or just the one you are currently working on?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

6 hours ago, Jon P said:

Hi Todd,

I've just had a quick look around and can't reproduce this dailog failing to work when closed/re-opened a few times.

Is it possible for you to create a quick screen recording of the issue so I can see if I am missing something? Also do you get the same behaviour on a new document or just the one you are currently working on?

Thanks

Hey Jon,

Thanks for the quick response. I've attached a screen recording. The issue occurs with any document. I'm on a MacBook Pro with all software up to date.

Cheers,
Todd

With the latest beta I can do most all except give the first section a name consisting of more than one letter.

Editing works new sections work, I can move them around the pages by specifying start page numbers Lots of good stuff other than just having one letter name for the first section.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

I can reproduce what @Old Bruce is describing and will get this logged (It does indeed only seem to be accepting the first letter each time the dialog is opened in the newest build).

I've not managed to reproduce the behaviour in the video in the newest build as Bruce mentions, can you check build 221 and let me know if you still get this behaviour?

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

3 hours ago, Jon P said:

can you check build 221 and let me know if you still get this behaviour?

This is still broken in .221.

It seems that the very first section accepts only a letter at a time. If you keep switching to another section and then back to the first one you can add another letter until you finish typing what you want.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

30 minutes ago, Todd Hagler said:

My Publisher install says that I have the latest version, so how would I get the .221 version mentioned above?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.