You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

276ccm - AP & AD Learning curve, progress and work.

276ccm

Hi all, I have AP and AD on my Mac´s and iPad Pro.. but with the Apple Pencil I find my self working a lot more on the iPad, but I try to learn more on my Mac´s too.. got a MacBook Pro and an iMac.. anyway.. thinking of posting all under one thread, to see my own progress, hopefully :-) 

I normally live in Barcelona, but spending some days in Oslo, Norway.. and I start with a photo I took here the other day.. the result might be a little overkill and sweet.. the autumn can be really nice, but maybe not that sweet.. anyway here it is :-) 

Original and edited in AP :-) 

Constructive criticism is always welcome!

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

The first one seems taken early in the morning, I like it, but the dark part in the front (seems strange, it is the only part with black… perhaps it's a little too strong or there should be a little more black in the half bottom part of the picture?).

The second one is strange. It looks like taken at the end of the day, but there's too much light on the road and the water (at sunset, the light is in the rosy clouds, the water and the road should be in the shadows, more purple/bluish and darker. And the sky lost its luminous part. This image is more "flat" (but the river that keep a sense of perpective with light and shadows).

Tanks for the feedback @Wosven :-)

The first picture is the unedited original from the iPhone X, and it’s acrually taken in the afternoon.. 5:04 PM to be exact. 

I totally see what you mean about the road and river too light.. and will keep that in mind :-) I guess I was too focused on changing skye and colors and “forgot” about the whole picture. But this feedback will help me to remember the importance of it :-) hopefully.. Luminous I have to look up.. seen it many times, but to be honest I don’t really understand what it mean/does.. but I’ll educate my self.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2018 at 10:00 AM, 276ccm said:

Hi all, I have AP and AD on my Mac´s and iPad Pro.. but with the Apple Pencil I find my self working a lot more on the iPad, but I try to learn more on my Mac´s too.. got a MacBook Pro and an iMac.. anyway.. thinking of posting all under one thread, to see my own progress, hopefully :-) 

I normally live in Barcelona, but spending some days in Oslo, Norway.. and I start with a photo I took here the other day.. the result might be a little overkill and sweet.. the autumn can be really nice, but maybe not that sweet.. anyway here it is :-) 

Original and edited in AP :-) 

Constructive criticism is always welcome!

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

I'd ease back on the HDR effect a bit like the sky and birds though.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Another shot from our USA road trip.. this is from Algiers, just across the Mississippi river from New Orleans. When we first arrived, it looked like a abandoned place.. and though our "booking" must have been wrong, but after a while, we found some local bars and restaurants, and the locals where super kind. A 5 minutes walk to Algiers point, there where a 5 minutes ferry close to French Quarter.. 

The shot was taken the morning after we arrived.. 

Processed with Affinity Photo

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

After the visit at the amazing The Box SF store in San Francisco, I was so inspired that I started to work on the design for a new font on the plane back to Barcelona..

It was an 11,5 hour flight so I had quite some time to start.. and a few late nights more, I have the base..

Still need to redesign some letters, and make a lot of glyphs.. but had to test it out and made a quick emblem for a box in the garage.. :-)

The letters was sketched in Procreate, then taken into Affinity Designer for vectorizing and the emblem is of course designed in Affinity Designer. Just a quick mock up. 

Unfortunately the printer is a little crap, but.. :-) 

0D6C30CF-7686-48DA-B4E3-CD122EC5400E.jpeg