You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Justification Slider Selection

I'm currently unable to 'select' any of the justification sliders under the paragraph panel. Clicking the drop down arrows shows the respective sliders but clicking on any of them hides the slider so you are unable to actually select and adjust the slider values.

Highlighting any value and attempting to use the arrow keys to increase/decrease values only allows increments of one before becoming deselcted. I'm unsure if values here and under the spacing panel should function in a similar fashion to clicking in the character size window where using the arrow keys increases/decreases the font size or the transform window where the arrow keys increase decrease the x, y co-ordinates/w, h values.

APub 1.7.0.145 Beta is starting to feel more rounded though still quite a few odd UI issues which I'm sure will be ironed out in future beta's

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

1 hour ago, Hangman said:

I'm currently unable to 'select' any of the justification sliders under the paragraph panel. Clicking the drop down arrows shows the respective sliders but clicking on any of them hides the slider so you are unable to actually select and adjust the slider values.

Highlighting any value and attempting to use the arrow keys to increase/decrease values only allows increments of one before becoming deselcted. I'm unsure if values here and under the spacing panel should function in a similar fashion to clicking in the character size window where using the arrow keys increases/decreases the font size or the transform window where the arrow keys increase decrease the x, y co-ordinates/w, h values.

APub 1.7.0.145 Beta is starting to feel more rounded though still quite a few odd UI issues which I'm sure will be ironed out in future beta's

I have the same 2nd problem as you have but the slider works okay for me. Could you please check the Spacing section because I experience the same "can only use the arrow key once" hassle. That whole Studio/Palette/Panel is a mess regarding input.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Old Bruce,

Strangely after a re-boot of A-Pub, the 2nd problem has now gone away for both the spacing and justification settings, i.e. the arrow keys do now work to change values although you do have to continually click the arrow keys to increase/decrease those values, unlike with character size where you can just keep the arrow keys held down and it will increase/decrease without the need for constant clicks.

I've uploaded a video of the first problem as I'm experiencing it...

Hi hangman, the sliders was an issue that crept in between 140 and 145 however we did identify it and sort it before we sent 145 out the door. Can you try and ctrl+running the app? This should reset the UI which might flush this out and get it to work as expected.

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris,

I've just tried Crtl Running APub and cleared 'All' user data, but I am still experiencing the same issue. Machine specs are in my signature in case this is specific to Mojave.

Cheers

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.