You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

With the latest version of Affinity Publisher certain problems with ligatures and character widths were solved. Great job! However, the added logic apparently doesn't apply to numbered lists with text, as used in captions for tables, images or formulae.

image.png.9be423d64f1f542908fab5f075a33481.png

The first line in this example is a numbered list with text "Afbeelding <#1>.<tab>". (The word afbeelding is Dutch for image, in case anyone wonders.)

The second line is simply body text with the same font (Calluna Sans).

If I don't use bold style the result is still not good. And I tried the same with Minion Pro as it has the same f_b ligature, but that didn't change a bit.

Just now, TomGerritzen said:

@MikeW Why is there a cursor between the 'n'and 'g'? You shouldn''t be able to edit that piece of text. Maybe I wasn't clear on what I did?

There cursor is there because I typed it in...but I now see what you did. I'll download the sample. My fault for not reading well enough!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.