You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grid does not match page size

When i set up a new document in designer iPad , no matter what size , the grid is always smaller by almost a third. than the page size. how do you get the page size and the grid size to be the same. Also can you set a master page so you don't have to set up a new page every time with the same settings that i always use?

12.9 Ipad Pro running IOS 12 and affinity Designer 1.6.2.42

Perhaps a screen shot of your issue to help explain what you are seeing.

in the meantime, in this shot, an A4 page 210mm wide. I adjusted the spacing so that the grids were evenly distributed across the page.

650F8C1B-51EC-4370-8A2E-997FB0791ECA.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Here is the Page as it looks when the grid is turned on . Adjusting the spacing only makes the squares smaller or larger but doesn't make the grid any bigger on the page. The page size is set for the iPad pro 12.9" and set to inches. I can't seem to find a way to adjust the grid size to fit the page. See Image screen shot of the problem.

IMG_0379.PNG

That's odd behaviour. The grid should fill the page automatically. Only the number of grids is variable. No artboards in use? 

Can you upload that .afdesign file and I will check if the file appears the same on my iPad Pro.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Weird... I tried on my 9,7 iPad and it works fine, mm or inches. It always fill the canvas.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I just discovered It displays like this in landscape mode but if you rotate it to portrait it fits the screen until you zoom with 2 fingers and then it reverts back to not fitting the screen. and if you just rotate it from portrait while the grid is displaying correctly to landscape it reverts back to the grid not fitting the page again.  it also does some weird stuff when you zoom in and watch the blank page gap around the edge, the space around the edge of the page gets smaller , like the grid is trying to get bigger but never makes it all the way.. weird behavior for sure.

Seems like a 'bug'. Hopefully mods will come and take a look soon.

I tried to reproduce this but te grid is displayed correctly here. I tried with existing files, new ones, mm, inches, two fingers rotation.... always works fine.

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Corrupt download.... I doubt. I would wait till the devs get online, I'm sure they will find out what it is.

-- Macbook Air 15"

I think you will have to buy a brand new iPad Pro 12,9 in. I'm sure that would fix your problem.... but I would first wait for the dev's opinion... ;)

-- Macbook Air 15"

20 hours ago, AlainP said:

I think you will have to buy a brand new iPad Pro 12,9 in. I'm sure that would fix your problem.... but I would first wait for the dev's opinion... ;)

Well thats what the Apple Genius Bar guy at the Apple store would tell Me! But I won't fall for that bologna !

Sean P

• QA
  •  
  • Sean P
  • Moderators
  • staff.png.c356aec36362b0392a2d932c9ff350
  • 3,723 posts

Hi Kem McNair,

This is a known issue that is caused when you have Display Zoom set to Zoomed in the iPad's Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom. Unfortunately currently the only way to work around it is to set that option back to Standard.

On 10/12/2018 at 10:59 PM, Kem McNair said:

When i set up a new document in designer iPad , no matter what size , the grid is always smaller by almost a third. than the page size. how do you get the page size and the grid size to be the same. Also can you set a master page so you don't have to set up a new page every time with the same settings that i always use?

12.9 Ipad Pro running IOS 12 and affinity Designer 1.6.2.42

Answered Above.