You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How Can I Pin Help Topic and work on document at the same time?

Dear peeps!

Thanks for being helpful to this newbie so far!

As the title says, I tried to open Help topic and my Document, using both at the same time------and I wasn't able to pin it!

The help page would disappear when I click on document ( wasn't pinned).

HOW DO I PIN IT?

Also,  the Help page can be only resized a little, so it stays quite large in order to fit it AND the document next to each other. 

IS THERE A SOLUTION TO BOTH ISSUES? 

PLEASE HELP!

I don't think that you can "pin" the help page to the main app.

This is what can be done in Windows...

You can shrink the help page until the left pane disappear and the "hamburger menu" appears at the top left. Move it to the left border of the screen and put the main program on the right side. You now have both windows available. If the working space on the main app is too crowded, the "Tab" key makes it cleaner. 

But all this is working fine on 27" or 32" monitor. The other solution (the one I use) is to have the app full screen and move between the two windows using the "Alt-Tab" keys. 

If you have a Mac.... someone else will help you.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Thanks, AlainP!  I will try the methods you are suggesting! And btw,  the idea of pinning came from one of the many tutorial vids posted by the Affinity Photo/Designer creators.... They actually demonstrated it with Mac. So I don't understand why that feature dosn't work now?...

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.