You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I click a Page as it is displayed in the Page Manager, in the Left Column, the page is not displayed in the editor.

Apparently, to get the page displayed in the editor, I have to double click the page in the Page Manager.

This behaviour is out of the ordinary as considerig almost all other applications require a simple single click to pull up and focus on the item clicked in the left column manager. In other words, Go To Spread should be a single click.

It intentionally works like this (i.e.,  Serif would view it as an intentional design, not a bug). Many things in the Affinity applications work differently than in other applications, and this seems to be one of them, and something new to learn.

A single click on a page in the Page panel selects it for some action in the Page panel. For example, deletion of the page, or duplication, or adding other pages before/after, or applying a Master. (Similarly, you can select multiple pages there (click on the first, ctrl-click on others, or shift-click to select a range) and then you can operate on them as pages. You can see the list of actions by right-clicking on the page after you select it in the panel.

Double-clicking on a page in the Page panel selects it for editing the page content, and navigates to the page in the editing part of the window.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 hours ago, richardtomkins said:

This behaviour is out of the ordinary as considerig almost all other applications require a simple single click to pull up and focus on the item clicked in the left column manager. In other words, Go To Spread should be a single click.

What do you mean by "almost all other applications"? Audio, video, Word, Excel ...? You can't compare apples to pears. APub is a layout software. As with all applications of this kind, there is a page panel in which the pages are both displayed and organized.
Of course you can swap clicks and double clicks.  But then APub would deviate from the usual standard. All layout applications I know work like this (ID, QXP, PM and also PP).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.