You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity crashes on Exit v. 1.7.0.145 (Windows)

Just installed version 1.7.0.145 for Windows on a Win 7 desktop.  Worked on a test project for about three hours off-and-on.  Opened Help, searched for a topic and minimized.  When I realized an hour later that I still had help open, I closed it and got the error that Help had stopped working -- check online for a solution or close program.  I chose close and Help closed.  After another few minutes, I closed the program using File > Exit and got the same error that Affinity Publisher Beta had stopped working.  I chose close and the program window closed.  Unfortunately, I didn't capture the information under the error message.  If it happens again, I'll capture it.

I opened the project again and nothing was missing.  I made a slight change, saved, and closed with no error.

This did happen once on a previous Beta build, and that project, too, had been on the screen for a few hours before being closed.

HI kdock

Thanks for letting us know about this. Obviously it is not something that we can readily recreate but we will keep our eye out for it occurring in the future. If it happens to you again it would be good if you have any crash logs you could provide and if it happens with having the help open of having issues with the help first

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.