You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Page boundaries?

Evtonic, how have you created facing pages.  I do this and always see the middle, or the gutter so to speak, a black line automatically appears down the spine whenever I create facig pages.

Chris

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

All I did was tell APub that I wanted 12 pages, with bleed, nothing crazy. But I redid my steps and it looks like the line won't appear unless you engage or click on the pages on the pasteboard. THEN I got the line in the middle. What I did was just say ok to create the doc and I scrolled to see all the blank pages, without clicking anything and just by scrolling, it won't produce the middle line.

Could you uload a screen shot of what you mean if it really bothers you.  I just did what you did and created a facing page document.  And my first thing was to scroll without touching anything.  All thse lovely lines were there Evtonic.:)

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

If you were in preview mode before you make  a new document then this is what you get. I would call it a bug so you should report it as such. Maybe a lead for solving other screen draw bugs.

5 hours ago, evtonic3 said:

By default facing pages has one huge white space and its a little distracting to me.

good catch by the way, I don't know how the page center is invisible until you click on it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.