You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can work from WebPlus X7 be imported w/o data/style loss?

I've been using WebPlus for *many* years (currently X7). I've been rebuilding my site, internet-grocer.com, with it, but have been advised that it's too 'dated'.  So, I was considering leaving Serif and moving to WordPress (which has a lot of useful plugins, including a shopping cart).  I'd *RATHER* not have to re-learn a website building tool, and am *hoping* there is a way to import WebPlus into Affinity without losing all my work.  If so, is there a Shopping Cart available?  Plus, is there a Trial Version in which I can see if it's worth learning Affinity?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, BruceH said:

I've been using WebPlus for *many* years (currently X7). I've been rebuilding my site, internet-grocer.com, with it, but have been advised that it's too 'dated'.

Is there a particular reason why you feel you need to move on from WebPlus at this point, rather than simply updating the site with the tools currently available to you? :/

If you’re looking for an easy transition to a different WYSIWYG web builder which is still being actively developed, you could do worse than checking out WYSIWYG Web Builder: a 30-day trial is available (and strongly recommended by the developer, since he doesn’t offer refunds).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks for letting me know, Callum!  and for your lead, Alfred!  IS there a Shopping Cart for WebPlus X7?  I didn't see one.  My food business has all-but-disappeared and I no longer have the funds to upgrade WebPlus  (*Now*, you can show me how you created those letters in your display name.... Cool!)  I thought Affinity was a WebPlus change-over b/c of the notices I was getting.  Sorry....

I appreciate the time you both took!  --Bruce